baby growth

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Night Safari

Mama :

Joash wanted to go Night Safari and since we got 50% discount for the admission ticket, we decided to go. With so many failed planned trips to the zoo, I was not sure whether we could make it to Night Safari.

But.....we did. It was surprisely crowded though it is still World Cup season. We got onto the tram which will bring us around. Cayden was sitting very still on my lap cos it is dark. Cayden is fearful of darkness so I was thankful that he did not cry. We pass by deers and more deers....(I think different species of deers...)....The little boy was not excited. I can understand. I can hardly find the animals in the dark ! He only perked up when he saw the elephants. The elephants stood amazingly near to the tram track. It was just chewing his leaves, flapping his ears and staring at us. Cayden was so excited that he gestured the "come come" hand signs to the elephants and said " neh neh neh" still chewing on to the milk bottle.

After the 40 minutes tram ride, we took a 20 minutes stroll round the night zoo. Cayden was asleep halfway thru the walk.

PS : I packed everything which I thought may be useful for this Night Safari trip. I got food, drinks, baby biscuits, anti-mozzies lotion, long-sleeve tee, long pants, his bowl with spoon and fork......everything, except for the camera.......geez....