baby growth

Monday, May 22, 2006

UTI

Mama :

Cayden had finished two rounds of antibiotics for his UTI. I just received a phone call from Dr Heng telling me the result of his latest urine test. It is clear !! Yah !!!

and double Yah cos i dun have to collect any more urine sample. It is such a headache collecting urine from a super duper active kid. And on top of this, we have to collect his urine 2 hours before 11am cos the urine has to be picked up by 11am from the PD office to the lab. It is like mission impossible 4.

In the beginning, we used the urine bag. I would stick the urine bag over his penis and put the diapers over the bag. But after 3 rounds of sticking it on and peeling it off from his balls, Cayden would scream in protest whenever he sees me with the urine bag. To make it worse, I did not stick the bag properly in place during the 3rd round (the last round) so the urine leak out of the bag and into the diapers. Wasted effort !!! I was so mad with myself then.

I had no choice because I really have to get it out from him. So Joash carried him to the toilet and both of us strongly "encouraged" him to pee so I could catch the stream into the urine container....poor Cayden ....he kept on screaming and shaking his head indicating that he has got nothing ! We gave up ! We let him run around naked in the house hoping that he would feel the urge after a while.

After a while, i got a feeling that he was going to pee. I brought him to the toilet, wanted to take off his shirt. The moment i turned my head, he pee-ed ..... on the floor....Arghhhhh !!!!

Then i remembered, kids learn by example. So i asked Joash to show him how to do it. hahaha.... So the three of us ended up in the bath area, just waiting for the little prince to pee. 5 minutes passed...no pee.......another 5 minutes passed.....he pee-ed....but arghhhh !!! he stopped when I opened the urine container....another torturous 5 minutes passed....he pee-ed... and yah !!! i got it ..i got it....!!

Who dare to say that our weekend is not interesting :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home